“Blessed are the curious for they will shall have adventures.”
I don’t know if it’s because of Doc Nielsen and Doc Ferds of “Born to be Wild” and John Feir of “Let’s Fiesta” or because I wanted to discover first-hand the places which I have been mentioning on my Geography class that I discovered this innate passion to travel. I couldn’t recall how it started but as of the moment, all I want to do is to keep travelling and marvel on the wonders of nature. That’s the main reason why I keep on watching travel and adventure documentaries (local and international), reading about amazing places to go (e.g. Valley of Death, Black Mountain, etc) and making itineraries of the places which I think are accomplishable as of the moment.
So, last April, I decided to post this on my Facebook account. My goal is to discover first the wonders of my own province – Cebu. I was more determined to do this because I had to teach Grade Three social studies which in the new K-12 curriculum revolves on the history, geography and social study of one’s own province – experience is the best teacher, right? I’ll not make this rationale too long because I think nobody is interested to read this, so here goes the 10 places I have been (from April to October) in Cebu in a tight budget.
- Kawasan Falls, Badian – (P400.00) via Ceres
Get the best massage offered by the rushing cold waters of Kawasan Falls.
2. Hilutongan Island, Cordova – (P200.00) – via V-hire and Pumpboat
Be in a place where most people have sunkissed skin!
3. Birhen sa Lindogon, Simala and Carcar City – (P250.00) – via V-hire and tricycle
4. Molobolo Cold Spring, Tuburan, Cebu – (P280.00) – via V-hire and tricycle
5.Wakiki Beach, Balamban – (P250.00) – via V-hire and tricycle
6. Camotes Island – (P2,000.00) – inclusion of travel fare, food (buffet) and tour around the island
Places to go: Santiago Beach Resort, Mangodlong Rock Formation Beach Resort, Lake Danao, Timobo Cave, Buho Rock Diving Resort and Baywalk
- Argao trek (P700.00) – travel and adventure package includes transportation from Cebu City to Argao, meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), tour guide, equipment for trekking, spelunking and rappelling
Place to go: Argao River, Balay sa Agta Cave, Bugasok Falls and Coal Mountain Resort
- Oslob: Whale swimming and Tumalog Falls – P850.00 (includes fare, entrance and adventure package)
9. Bojo River, Aloguinsan and Mantayupan Falls, Barili – P800.00 (fare, entrance and adventure package)
10.Basdaku, Moalboal – (P500.00) via Ceres and V-hire (includes fare for tricycle, entrance fee and cottage accommodation)
My adventure will not stop there. I’m about to formulate another challenge for myself before this year ends. Probably, 5 places to go outside Cebu? Hopefully. If I can do this on a tight budget, why can’t you? It’s a matter of positivity, passion and a mouthful of good company. Feel free to drop down comments for inquiries.
See you in my next adventure! 😀